Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ROLLING THUNDER

It just goes on and on. We can hear the storms coming. First the thunder, then we see the lightening, and in a little while the rain starts---and it comes down very hard, and then it lessens, and then it's hard again, and it just goes on and on and on. We've been in a moderate drought, so I'm not complaining, but so much at once? It's very tiring. WHEW!

And then a little sunshine comes---very bright---but the rain continues even then. This is so weird.

The dogs are bored with being kept inside, but they definitely do not want to go out in the rain. On the other hand, the cats swat at me, meow, and run to the door when they hear the thunder, and if the door is opened will run out. I, however, do not want them to go out when the weather is so unstable.

Drivers keep driving into flooded streets and acting like it's a big surprise when their cars float off the road, or they lose control and careen into someone's house. Are they this desperate to be on TV? Does rain bring out the stupidity of the human race?

Another storm rolling in so I need to shut down and unplug AGAIN! Pitiful old computer that it is, I don't want it fried by the lightening. See ya!

4 comments:

Goo said...

So is that ark you just built watertight?

LIT said...

Of course not, Silly. It's open to rain and has drainage holes in the bottom. That's how you grow plants.
(Gardening 101)

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for finding my Journal and leaving such sweet comments. I will return to yours also.

Lori Skoog said...

In looking over your profile, we have something in common...I also love big band music and a lot of jazz (not all). The kids I am going to start teaching may motivate me to do more. I have been asked, but refused...just so busy with everything. I have taught art to kids from pre-K to elementary to middle school ending in the high school for 13 years. Also taught Arts for Children at the college (to elementary majors who want to teach art in the classroom). I have been teaching adults at the farm for over 8 years, and that has been an absolute pleasure. Thanks for tuning in.