Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CRUMPETS & CODDLED EGGS








Last year I gave Goo a pair of egg coddlers; she had never used them. Furthermore, after discovering crumpets in the "international aisle" of our local Kroger store I had promised to bring a package with me, and I did. We finally had our special breakfast, and it was terrific. The eggs are in the little china cups with metal lids. We repeated that breakfast on the morning I left.

By this time it was Friday, Dec. 31, New Year's Eve day, and we had had three days of serious sight seeing. We elected to have a little down time. There were a number of empty boxes, some broken down, in Goo's apt. I didn't understand their significance though until I visited Plug in Chicago a few days later. It seems that when Plug visited along with her "other daughter" in Oct. all the walls in Goo's apt. were white; there were no book cases, lots of boxes still packed from the summer move, and, generally, everything was different. What I hadn't realized was that Goo had really made a stupendous effort to have everything look great when Mom came, including painting a wall. Take a look at the result of her efforts; I think it's very impressive.









Well, we cleared out the empty boxes as well as a couple of small pieces of furniture Goo no longer felt she needed as well as my old abandoned suitcases. By the afternoon I was ready for a swim in the pool and a sauna. What a great decision that was. The pool area was beautiful, the water warm, and I had it all to myself. A couple of days later we repeated this, and Goo came in the water with me---her first time in the pool since she moved there. There is also a life guard on duty whenever the pool is open; she thinks he's Russian. He certainly wasn't speaking English to his cell phone as he entertained himself poolside. Take a look at this wonderful pool:





The last picture shows the widest part of the pool. The length is about twice the distance shown.
How do you like the suit I ordered online? It's reversible. Whoopee! A twofer!

BTW the exercise and sauna made it too simple for me to fall asleep on the couch about 9:30, and I slept right into 2011. We missed our champagne toast and black-eyed peas. Uh-oh!

2 comments:

Chillax said...

Those boxes are awesome!

LIT said...

The remaining boxes have Christmas gifts in them to be mailed. Hope she did that!