Friday, January 14, 2011

THE NEXT DAY & THE DAY AFTER



Another relatively warm, but cloudy day, and we even had a few gentle showers. It didn't deter us from window shopping at Saks while waiting for a bus.

Goo had received a text message the day before, New Year's Day, inviting the two of us to brunch on Sunday. She then invited a couple more people, one of whom was out of town. But the plan resulted in three of her friends meeting the two of us at an Irish Pub in Bethesda for brunch. It was all low key but with lots of laughs and a good meal. It was a pleasure to sit and talk with some of her friends. They are so lively and quick.

I questioned that the light fixture in the pub was really a "touch of Ireland." They had determined on a previous visit that the fixture represented sperm. You are free to make your own decision.

Actually, it has blue shading which doesn't show up in the photo.

Here is the brunch bunch with whom I dined. You can tell by their smiles that they have already eaten.



Goo and I browsed the shopping area in the neighborhood. I loved this holiday display that had both a Christmas tree and a menorah. Oh, Goo, I should have bought the green cloche at the kiosk; I've checked prices on line, and it was a deal. Boo-hoo! Well, only one regret is a pretty good record.



But then we went home and pursued my goal which was to go swimming one more time and sit in the sauna---true luxury. We did some household chores including laundry and then went downstairs for our treat. Another night of very good sleep.

On Monday I packed everything into the new suitcase, put on make-up (because I didn't want Goo's last sight of me to be as depressing as her first view when I arrived), and off we went to Union Station. We have had practice in saying goodbye, so we're very good at looking cheery.



Glad you can't see inside!

No comments: