Sunday, January 9, 2011

JUST A LITTLE SHOPPING





I declared about half way through our resting day at the apartment that I needed to buy two things: 1) a pair of soft slippers to rest my feet (I hadn't brought mine because I opted to use the space in the suitcase for a very small percolator; Goo doesn't drink coffee), and 2) a small pillow to use on the train home (something else I could have brought but didn't due to lack of space). So, off we trekked to find these two items.

The main drag, Wisconsin Ave., is about four blocks from Goo's apt. bldg. We bypassed the first two blocks of stores.







And walked on down another two or three blocks---I'll leave it to you to determine our rationale--- to TJ Max. There, as luck would have it, we were propelled by the escalator right into the luggage department. We spent well over half an hour checking their large inventory, but nothing seemed just right. Just when we thought we were leaving the area I stumbled upon one that really, really appealed to me. Goo volunteered to go 50/50 on it. She, obviously, didn't want to be seen in public with those old American Touristers with their little combination locks again. I held off.

We finally located slippers and that was a quick decision. Pillows were harder to locate and were in more than one place, but when we found the softest little round pillow it was the obvious choice. Color was the only decision: brown, blue, or dirty white.

Goo chose a bath mat, and we swung back by the luggage area as we went to check out. I snagged the suitcase I liked, and here are my purchases.





No comments: